how did u discover paramore and what's the first paramore song u heard?

I first discovered paramore a little more than a year ago on mtv when I saw the crushx3 video. My first thought was the lead singer is super hot and my second thought was that the song was really good. Not long after that i saw the misery bussiness video and the same two thoughts crossed my mind again so i decided to check out their myspace. I probably listened to all the songs they had up on myspace all the time for two weeks and i couldn't take it anymore and I bought both AWKIF and RIOT and have been hooked ever since.

I'll re-quote my earlier post (from 2 years ago :lol::o)

I have Scuzz (UK rock music channel) to thank for discovering Paramore. I saw the Emergency video and loved it. So I downloaded AWKIF (and later purchased it) and was hooked. That was about September time last year [2006]

Oh how it seems I loved AWKIF :shifty:

Well, I was with this girl and she was flicking through music channels, and misery business came onto Kerrang! (I think) and she said something like - "She's amazing, she's only 18 and she has 2 albums already" or something like that. so I downloaded them, and loved them, and that was the start of my love affair with Paramore :P

Heard "Pressure" on a myspace profile,about 2 and a half years ago.Listened to it a few times,and I liked it a lot,but it wasn't enough,I guess =). After one month,or so,I downloaded "All we know is falling" and that's when my Paramore love started =)

I first heard them in September 05. I was on the school bus with my friend and she had bought AWFIK and wanted to show me Pressure.

Borrowed the album from her but never properly listened to it the full way through, just listened to Pressure and Emergency over and over again.

Misery Business was the first song I heard, I saw it on TMF .. dutch music channel. , I loved that song so much, I had a feeling that other Paramore songs are cool too, and I was right ! Good memories. xD

A couple years ago (yes, before Misery Business) I asked a friend on msn what she was up to, she said watching Paramore, I didn't have a clue what she meant, next thing I know I'm watching the video to Pressure.

Still my favourite song of theirs. :)

^^^ From what I put earlier. Even though I really liked Pressure, I didn't bother to listen to anymore Paramore until I saw Misery Business on kerrang several months later. Then I was hooked.

i know i've been a fan since '06.. but i dont remember how i heard of them ..probably through myspace lol. but i remember when they did the contest for people to go record with them..and then in early 07 when FBR+ put up "for a pessimist.." stream and listening to it over and over again lol. it's weird thinking that was almost three years ago.

I haven't been a fan for a particularly long time, hence partly why I'm relatively new to this forum board.

A friend of mine who is really big in Twilight, alt rock in general etc, she was talking about them with me one time, after I mentioned I had seen this picture of a really cute and gorgeous vocalist from a band called Paramore. So my friend asked whether I had actually heard the band, and I said I had not.

This was about 3 months ago.

So I went to youtube and put on "Decode" and told myself I'd hate it, since generally this isn't the kind of music I'm into.

Well, as it happened I sat through the whole song and kinda liked it to be honest.

I didn't hear them again for a while after.

A month later, towards the end of May, I put on "Decode" again when I was bored at 2am in the morning, and I must have listened to the song for at least more than 40 minutes non stop.

I knew at this point there was no holding back, I had to hear more of the band.

I found out some other friends of mine were really into Paramore as well, which was a bonus I guess.

One friend of mine asked me to learn some Paramore songs on guitar so she could sing along to them while I played a few weeks ago.

I ended up learning Fences as the first Paramore song I learnt because I loved everything about the song and the guitar parts turned out to be super fun to play.

So I just ended up hearing even more Paramore stuff as time went on, learning some of their stuff on guitar and ultimately I wound up purchasing a copy of the limited deluxe edition of Brand New Eyes.

I knew about them for awhile, but didn't listen to them. Until I started to check them out and the first song I heard was Misery Business, I think the acoustic version.

And then I just downloaded their song. Bought their album as soon as I could. And when I was in England the next year I bought AWKIF.

I kinda started listening to them through Panic! at the Disco though. Since I saw that their label wasn't that big with loads of artists, I eventually started checking and listening to other bands of their label.

i was on msn one night in 2007 talking to a friend and she sent me a youtube link showing me she was getting her hair dyed the same as the singer in the video. this video was the acoustic version of misery business played at the 97x green room. she never did get her hair dyed like hayley but i should probably thank her for introducing me to paramore.

• 2 weeks later...

Sound Post/SP/my old Message Board. There were lots of people with Paramore siggies and there was one with Hayley wearing her TWLOHA shirt and i knew of the movement so i searched the web for them, say the Emergency video, and fell in love.

Emergency was my first Paramore song and PRessure the second. This was all in the late summer of 2007

Of October 2007, someone I know had the video for Misery Business on a website. They wanted me to watch it, but I didn't think anything of it, or the band until afterwards. Then someone in my class mentioned they were going to see Paramore, so I was like "Hmm. Paramore. Sounds familar." So I decided to rewatch that one video again, and the rest is history!! :willy_nilly:

i think i posted in here before but ill do it again lol

i saw the pressure video in april or may of 06 i saw their album in holister and bought it then found out they were playing bamboozle 06 the 1st weekend in may so i saw them and thought they were amazing! and ever since then they've been my favorite band

Actually on of the songs that really got me into them was keep dreaming upside down by october fall. I remember liking them alot, and then i heard that album and was just obsessed with the song. people ask the first songs that i got into...its always pressure, never let this go and keep dreaming upside down.

haha even tho its not by them, it was one of the first that got me really liking them. i just forgot to mention that before.