Debate Thread

the1

there are PLENTY of people that a person can be with that have a reasonable age.

like i said i feel no more than 5 years until youre 18 then when youre 18 do whatever... even tho it'd be weird to se an 18 year old with a 35 year old.

i think the reason is that people are too scared to go outside of their circle of friends and are too scared to meet new people and go new places, some people are just too comfortable with the people that they know already so they jsut stick with them

and i do NOT believe that there is only ONE person for everyone, thats just bullshit and ridiculous. there are plenty of people, you just need to go out there and meet them

there are PLENTY of people that a person can be with that have a reasonable age.

like i said i feel no more than 5 years until youre 18 then when youre 18 do whatever... even tho it'd be weird to se an 18 year old with a 35 year old.

i think the reason is that people are too scared to go outside of their circle of friends and are too scared to meet new people and go new places, some people are just too comfortable with the people that they know already

I get that bit. Like, an aquaintance of mine went out with someone three years younger for a bit. As an adult, 3 years is nothing, but when someone is 15 and the other is 12. Ewww basically.

As an adult though, I see nothing wrong with it, I stand by my earlier point.

my boyfriend is 21, i'm 17. we started going out when i was 15 and he was 19, which at the time felt kind of weird. but then you base it on maturity levels - we both act like 12 year olds, so where's the harm ?

i definitely think there are limits, but quite alot of the time, as with a lot of things, these limits are hard to define. as someone said, 14 year old and 40 year is ...no. but then, a 21 year old and a 45 year old ? i know someone who's in that kind of relationship, and once you get over the age thing and look at them as people and as a couple, they're amazing together. hmmmn i say, hmmmn.

also, as a side note, if anyone finds this interesting, apparently the perfect age for a couple, is for the woman to be half the man's age plus 7 years.

the way i see it, really, is with different age gaps you get different mindsets

someone who's 18 is going to have a completely different mindset than say someone who's 35

their relationship wouldn't work

i'm having trouble putting this next part into the right words, i don't want to say at a certain age

but at a certain point i think your mind is pretty much set

once you reach that point and you find someone who shares similar ideas with you, age doesn't matter

the only reason i say the age limit is weird is because of the different goals of different ages

like an 19 year old would be in college, just wants to have fun, and so on

then if that 19 year old was dating a... lets say... 30 year old. that 30 year old would have his/her career already would want to settle down and children and so on

so there would def be a problem there

and this wouldnt exactly be the case for all ages but im sure there will DEF be a problem similar to this with the age difference

and yes everyone always wants to say "it'll be okay, we're strong, it'll work out well, we can handle this, ect..."

but i think the truth is it prob wouldnt work out.

edit: hahah yes EXACTLY kayla. someone who is younger will def have different ideas as to how a relationship should work than someone older

my boyfriend is 21, i'm 17. we started going out when i was 15 and he was 19, which at the time felt kind of weird. but then you base it on maturity levels - we both act like 12 year olds, so where's the harm ?

i definitely think there are limits, but quite alot of the time, as with a lot of things, these limits are hard to define. as someone said, 14 year old and 40 year is ...no. but then, a 21 year old and a 45 year old ? i know someone who's in that kind of relationship, and once you get over the age thing and look at them as people and as a couple, they're amazing together. hmmmn i say, hmmmn.

also, as a side note, if anyone finds this interesting, apparently the perfect age for a couple, is for the woman to be half the man's age plus 7 years.

Me and Louise are fucking perfect then! :rotfl:

The reason for why the age-gap matters less when you get older is simply because the mental age of a person stops growing at a fast rate after a certain age, and after that, you can find similar people in many different ages. I've always thought this happens somewhere around 15-25, but you can't really tell for sure.

As for what I think is an acceptable age difference...I don't care at all. I think once people have matured enough, they can think for themselves and I don't really care if Hugh Hefner is playing around with girls that are a quarter of his age. There are laws to prevent child abuse and I think anyone older than that should be expected to be able to think for himself/herself. Sometimes the age difference might appear gross, but if people feel like they are made for each other, then why not?

Is there anyone aged 17,5 here BTW? :shifty:

^ well yeah that is true haha but i still think that people who have HUGE age gaps look for different things in a relationship and different things in life so it wouldnt work out

not me :shifty::shifty: lmao

I think this is something that each one has to learn by himself/herself through trial and error, though. Try telling someone that he is dating someone too young/too old and see if he takes you seriously. That's why I keep pressing the point about maturity.

yes thats true but it's obvious that a 17 year old doesnt want the same things as a 26 year old.

everyone wants to think and talk themselves into thinking it'll be okay tho

Nah I meant that one guy could want a younger girl just for sex, but another guy of the same age may genuinelly have feelings for her. People may be equal on some levels, but they're all different.

I think this is something that each one has to learn by himself/herself through trial and error, though. Try telling someone that he is dating someone too young/too old and see if he takes you seriously. That's why I keep pressing the point about maturity.

you're right. let them experience it themselves. very true

Nah I meant that one guy could want a younger girl just for sex, but another guy of the same age may genuinelly have feelings for her. People may be equal on some levels, but they're all different.

well yea but tbh i fell in most cases the older guy is just trying to take advantage of the younger girl

because alot of young girls are SOOO SO SO naive, if they like to admit it or not, or if they know it or not

it goes both ways.

in one of my earlier posts i didnt distinguish if the older person was a male or female and if the younger person was a male of female.

the male being older was just an example and easier to say then he/she

and that is exactly why i said it's not all of them...

but i notice alot of girls like to be naive and say "omg this 22 year old likes me and gives me some attention. i'm in love with him" which just makes me lol

haha that reminds me of this girl i know. when she was a freshman in highschool she dated a few senoirs and college boys and she had that same personality.

now shes a junior and shes dating a 21 year old who wants a baby with her right after high school and she has no problem cause theyre apparently "soul mates". i just find it creepy to date some one so much older. and she like 16 and ever since she was 14 she sleeps with these guys. does the creepy part of dating some one so much older ever hit? haha.

but like after 20 i dont think age matters. but while still a teenager its just wierd.

haha yes then i guess so.

haha that reminds me of this girl i know. when she was a freshman in highschool she dated a few senoirs and college boys and she had that same personality.

now shes a junior and shes dating a 21 year old who wants a baby with her right after high school and she has no problem cause theyre apparently "soul mates". i just find it creepy to date some one so much older. and she like 16 and ever since she was 14 she sleeps with these guys. does the creepy part of dating some one so much older ever hit? haha.

but like after 20 i dont think age matters. but while still a teenager its just wierd.

hahah oh my :nono:

yes very true there