Debate Thread

the1

Random, but on the subject of religion.... from MSN:

.Chris' says (22:20):

There was this dude at the busstation today who was clothed in a white skirt/robe like jesus

and had a staff made out of wood.

Andrew / Tell me how much time has passed says (22:20):

LOL

.Chris' says (22:20):

He claimed to be prophetic.

The funny thing was that he was black.

Andrew / Tell me how much time has passed says (22:20):

lmao

:lol:

i'm agnostic, so i can't really answer that

i have no idea what to believe or not believe

i just kinda go with the flow really...i'll find out when i get there

Religion is hardly debatable as it is, mostly because of what everyone here will probably say anyway: "faith shouldn't be forced on anyone".

While we're at it, though, I'll say that I don't believe in God or anything else that's told in the Bible, but I'm still christian in a sense that I'm a member of the church and I don't mind having it around. I can take a few zealots telling me I'm going to hell when the church is still doing a lot of good in this world.

I agree with this.

I just don't see how people can believe that everyone will end up in hell if they don't believe in God or Jesus. And they are okey with the fact that people will come to hell even if they are really good people.

i'm born and raised catholic, so i believe in God and Jesus.

there are some things i dont agree with that the catholic church believes.

as to hell... i'm really not sure. i dont think people who don't believe in God go there tho.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh I love Jehovah's witnesses, this woman just last week stopped me in the street and said "would you like to end all suffering in the world?" I said "No thanks I'm alright as it is" and walked off.

Jehovah's Witnesses eh...

Hah.

I can understand why some people would be against it, but I think with some of these recent, sick crimes, it's necessary. Like that woman who did creepy stuff to the kids in her nursery, or something like that. :s

Yes the world is indeed strange these days. Hate isn't something you're born with it gets taught.

SATAN!!!! = SANTA! :P but srsly.

Treason. Ice any bitch that tries that shit.

QUICK, HIDE THE SWAN BODY.

but yeah for sure i think in the majority of cases people need to suffer and like, learn to learn remorse for what they've done. like baby P makes me sick, but to just kill the people that did it doesn't give them a chance to regret it. doesn't give them fucking years in prison. i do definitely think life sentance should mean LIFE, also. also there are always mistakes, imagine you convincted the wrong person for killing someone, and killed them, and then were like oh shit my bad - you can't take that shit back.

We're not that organized Jorgi. At least not yet. Not until we can get full surveilance, But then again that would be fucked. I mean there's cameras everywhere now on the highways I think maybe we won't have freedom. Freedom to do good yes but maybe in some point we'll be watched.

I disagree with the death penalty to an extent. As Jorgi pointed out, mistakes can and have been made. Innocent people have been put to death and later it's come out that they didn't commit the crime. I think that if it's 110% proven that somebody is guilty, then yes they should get the death penalty. Depending on the severity of the crime, of course i.e mass murder etc etc. However, getting life can also be an appropriate punishment. Let them rot in a prison cell, where they will never have any sort of freedom or happiness. After a while a death sentence would probably seem pretty appealing to them.

IMO, life should mean life, with no hope of EVER seeing the outside walls of that prison again. Here in Ireland, and even in the UK, people can be given "life" for the most henious crimes, but be out in say, 10 - 15 years on good behavior. To me that's a total joke.

A debate going on on the MFC forums right now, is soldiers getting free season tickets.

Personally, im against that. They could easily pay in when they are on home leave if they want to go. I respect them fighting for their country, But they chose that profession. Its not 1939 where you were made to fight.

I provide food on the shelves for the local community so that they dont starve. Can i get a free season ticket?