List what you want form the New album!

the1

I want them to go back to their roots. Not so much, but more AWKIF influence! Then I don't want really metal, but some heavier songs mixed with some songs reminding of the last album. I want more power in the music. And the slower songs should be even more touching. Otherwise, I agree with some of the others here.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want:

-a concept album (write a freakin' novel, Hayley :hug:)

- to hear what this could be like

-more intricate instrumentation. You guys can play, but push the envelope a bit further.

-more music videos :mrgreen:

American Idiot: Part 2

haha

i want more rooooock

more songs like whoa or my heart

Screaming.

A long song you could get lost in. (like Jimmy Eat World's 23 or Goodbye Sky Harbor)

Guitar solo's.

Drum solo's.

Bass solo's.

Lyrical masterpieces like the Miracle outro.

Maybe some Josh singing.

Better vids.

A tour stop in Brussels.

Another song for the fans.

Them to follow their hearts.

So, since they're gonna be working on it at some point soon, what do you guys want??

I want:

-More rawk, less glossy pop

-Rawer, heavier production

-More keys would be cool on mellow songs

-New image

-Experimental stuff

-More guitar solos!

-Josh screaming again!!!

Agree with everything you said... minus the image.

A long song you could get lost in.

Yes! An experimental prog song would be awesome :mrgreen: Plus AWKIF and Riot are pretty short albums so a long song would be awesome.

I just want to enjoy it...XD

I <3 AWKIF and RIOT!, after all. No complaints.

Don't care about techno sounds, don't care about screaming/guitar solos, I'm not limited to one genre like all you people who are like "OMG RIOT IS SO POPPY I WANT MORE SCREAMING ETC" I'm not fussy about what Paramore do with their music. :P

i totally agree with you!:):)

i don't think they need many improvements..

but i think t's great when they have some parts in their songs with only electrical guitar playing.. (e.g in "pressure" or "that's what you get") so it would be cool if we saw that in more songs..

i trust their talent though! <3

Josh singing like in Love Is Not A Competition.

And the Mew influence :D

Yeahh im all for Josh singing <3 <3 :D

amazing & heartfelt lyrics(they always have amazing & heartfelt lyrics i just want them to continue with that,sure they will :D)

amazingingly cool vocals

mellow, deep, vocally beautiful songs that are gonna make me wanna just lie on my bedroom floor, go numb and just listen(hehe)

rawer production

and more amazing high energy songs :D

Yeahh im all for Josh singing <3 <3 :D

amazing & heartfelt lyrics(they always have amazing & heartfelt lyrics i just want them to continue with that,sure they will :D)

amazingingly cool vocals

mellow, deep, vocally beautiful songs that are gonna make me wanna just lie on my bedroom floor, go numb and just listen(hehe)

rawer production

and more amazing high energy songs :D

I'd be happy with just that.

• 2 weeks later...
I want them to go back to their roots. Not so much, but more AWKIF influence! Then I don't want really metal, but some heavier songs mixed with some songs reminding of the last album. I want more power in the music. And the slower songs should be even more touching. Otherwise, I agree with some of the others here.

i agree a lot

riot was great but i definitely prefer all we know is falling

it just has so much more raw emotion i felt

riot was a little too...polished i guess

more awkif type stuff

but i want the slower songs to be ultra powerful

like someone else said (sorry forgot to quote) the type of slow song you just want to lie there and go numb and listen to

something that will like...stun you in a way

i don't really know where i'm going with that

and more range from hayley

like the cover intro to hallelujah and the ending of let the flames begin, that stuff is amazing

though honestly as long as its paramore i'll love it

they can do no wrong in my books

Instrumentals.

They are the way forward. Some of my favourite pieces are just instrumentals and they add an entirely new dimension to albums. Tautou by Brand New is one such example (although there is a repeated lyric through the song, it is essentially an instrumental). It is the perfect way to open, in my eyes, the perfect album.

Then the two instrumentals on the Devil and God, "Untitled" and "Welcome to Bangkok". Not only are they brilliant pieces, but you don't skip them. You can listen to them and not get bored thinking "when's the vocals?".

Now, obviously, this doesn't play to one of Paramore's more evident strengths (Hayley's vocal ability) but a good couple instrumentals will not only break the album up nicely, but set the album apart from it's peers. Very few artists in the modern "pop-punk" world use instrumentals, ATL had 2 or 3 on their Debut but dropped them for So Wrong, It's Right. I may be wrong about the lack of instrumentals in pop-punk but you can see from the expansions to Riot! tracks that the ability to play instrumentals, and make them work(!), is there.

Maybe a really emotional, slow and intense song from hayley?

after hearing stuff from the final riot tour, i think it'd be nice to see it. if not on the album, possibly just demos or something?

Yeah I'd really like to see that happen as well. I'd like to see another song like We Are Broken, but even more emotional and intense.